Tuesday, February 01, 2005

SHOT Show is finally over. We had a very successful and enjoyable show. Here are the last of the pictures I took while I was there. Sunday night was the Beretta Holdings Awards dinner. Staff from all of the Beretta owned companies were there. It was held at the Venetian hotel and had a cowboy theme. (Interesting concept- western cowboy theme in a fancy italian hotel- go figure.) For reasons unknown to me there was a shortage of tables and chairs. The hotel started scrambling to get us more seats. But in the meantime, several of us just pulled together a few small cocktail tables and made due. The whole situation was rather comical. For months now our boss, Scott, has been telling us that "LE now has a seat at the head table. We're not sitting at the kids table anymore." So when suddenly the LE department is sitting at tiny tables in the back of the room, we couldn't help but start making jokes about the kids table. You can see in the pictures below that we had fun at our little tables in the back. Eventually, they did catch on and bring us regular sized tables.
The last day of the show was Monday. It was the slowest I have ever seen a show. But we still had a good time and lots of success in the booth. All is well that ends well, right?
I am now sitting in a hotel room in Miami. I am here for a few days for the IACP hotel lottery. I am getting shuffled from one hotel to the next for the rest of the week checking out all the hotel rooms and amenities Miami has to offer. Later this week, my friend Juli and her 2 daughters are coming to join me. We plan to spend some quality girl time here in South Beach!
All in all though, I can't wait to get home!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!

Working Girl

Recently, I've been picking up work as a background extra on various projects. In the past month or so I've worked on 3 different m...

Keep Reading! Popular Posts from this Blog.