Thursday, December 29, 2005

Amsterdam- Day #3 of the European Adventure

I can't begin to describe how exhausted I am, and how slow this computer is. Therefore, this will be a short entry. We took the train to Amsterdam today. It took 3 hours to get there. We saw the Rijks-something museum, which is basically all Dutch art. Much to my surprise, I loved it. If I had a little more energy, I'd tell you who and what paintings we saw. But not right now. But I will say that I got to see some of my favorite kind of art- Delft plates. (More on that later.) After that we saw the Van Gogh museum, which really didn't do much for me. He just wasn't my kind of painter. I'm just not into dark landscapes.
From there we had lunch, walked about, visited the town for fun, and hit the Anne Frank museum. We discovered that Amsterdam is truly a beautiful and enjoyable city. The canals are everywhere, very clean, and just quaint. Bicycles rule this town- and Deb can attest that they stop for no one. We had some snow today, which just added to the quaint beauty of the city. Sadly, we ran out of time and never made it over to the Red Light District, or into one of the famed "Coffeshops." (where they sell a lot more than coffee) But we are in the process of reconsidering our plans right now, and may just go back there for more- we loved it that much.
Until then- my rosy red cheeks are telling me I am beyond exhausted.
Oh- but I did finally break something today (it was only a matter of time really). (for those who don't know about me and my travels- i tend to break odd things accidentally in the worst of situations) This time I managed to accidentally knock a door handle off in the Anne Frank museum. It made a loud tumble sound and alerted an entire somber room of tourists to my presence. So my work here is done. Finally.
Off to Paris tomorrow! Two lucky blog readers will be the recipients of my phone calls from atop the Eiffel Tower. (keeping alive a long standing tradition of calling friends from the tops of famous places) And one blog reader probably knows exactly what it is I can't wait to "just do" tomorrow. There is a little life long daydream that I get to live out tomorrow. I can't wait!
And if a certain "Big Brother" is reading, I have finally figured out what it is I will do that only you will get to know about. You will be quite proud of my "out-of-shell-ness."
Until then- au revoir!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!

Working Girl

Recently, I've been picking up work as a background extra on various projects. In the past month or so I've worked on 3 different m...

Keep Reading! Popular Posts from this Blog.