Saturday, February 03, 2007

Moments of Impatient Clarity and Chaos

Have you ever noticed when you want the phone to ring, you can hear it "phantom ringing" everywhere? The washing machine starts, and suddenly you hear you cell phone 200 ft away rinigng in your purse? You are outside by your car, but you can sense that the house phone in your bedroom is ringing? You go to the bathroom, wash your hands, and suddenly over the sound of the running water, you just *know* your cell is vibrating somewhere. I'm *hoping* for a few phone calls right now. And no matter what the other sound is in the house- the tv, the radio, the vaccuum, or no sound emitting device at all, I hear the phone ringing through it. And don't get me started on how if I'm in the car, every single song has a melody that vaguely resembles my ringtone. If the phone is more than an arm's length away from me, I think I can hear it somewhere. When I am actually holding it, I imagine it vibrating. Has it actually rung or vibrated once? No. But that's okay, my nerves are ready to pounce in case it actually does.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!

Working Girl

Recently, I've been picking up work as a background extra on various projects. In the past month or so I've worked on 3 different m...

Keep Reading! Popular Posts from this Blog.