Tuesday, October 14, 2008

How I Spent My Day Yesterday or The Case of the Broken Window

Yesterday was not the day I had planned. I had planned on running errands and doing the normal stuff I do. But just five minutes after leaving my house, things went completely "off-track." (Bad pun. Keep reading.) I first went to McDonalds, rolled down the driver's side window, got my drink (large Diet Coke with Monopoly game pieces), and drove about ten feet forward to get out of the way for the next person before rolling up my window. I still had my drink in my hand. I wasn't moving thankfully. Cause as I rolled up my window, it suddenly made a large banging noise and shattered everywhere. I screamed or gasped (I don't remember which) and got glass in my mouth. It hit me in the face as well. I spilled Diet Coke in my lap. And the pictures below are the rest of the damage.
 
There is a recall out on the windows in my car already. But I'm on a 6 month waiting list for my turn to get it fixed. I drove straight to the nearest dealership when it happened. I didn't receive the greatest service there, but whatever. I think I'm mostly irritated that I came in with a shattered window, and had blood on my hands and face, and they weren't more attentive to me, and didn't ask if I was okay. But they did fix the one window for free. The other window is still on the waiting list to get fixed. (Annoying.)
But all is well that ends well. It is fixed, I didn't have to pay anything, and the cuts on my hands are minor.  

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:11 PM

    Wow. I've never heard of that. Too bizarre not to be true. I am appalled that they didn't give you more attention!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crazy.
    I hope you got a winning gamepiece on that Coke!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goodness! I hope you're OK. This is definitely not what you needed.

    {{HUGS}}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! That's awful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous6:17 PM

    At least it didn't cost you any money. UGH! And OW.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!

Working Girl

Recently, I've been picking up work as a background extra on various projects. In the past month or so I've worked on 3 different m...

Keep Reading! Popular Posts from this Blog.