Sunday, December 14, 2008

Kids Say the Darndest Things

*erinannie*: Andi, I'm going to steal you, and take you home, and keep you forever.
Andi (without missing a beat): Okay, but you have to ask my mom first.
*erinannie*: Maybe I'll just borrow you for a while. You're mommy would miss you too much.
Andi (pauses and thinks): It's okay, she has my sister!

******
(From my sister Natalie)
The kids in Dallin's class wrote a xmas wish list on paper stockings and hung them up outside of their class room.  Dallin's said, "Dear Santa Claus, Please bring my mom some make-up so she can look pretty.  And please bring my dad some pants."  It is true that I could use some new make up but Steve owns about 12 pairs of paints.  Either way, it was very thoughtful of him. 

****
Dallin was concerned that we didn't have a fireplace and how could Santa get inside.  I assured him that Santa is magic and Dallin should not worry about it.  Dallin said, "Oh, he will just 'poof' himself into our house?"  Yes, he will 'poof' himself in.



****

Yesterday, we watched Porter's pre-school Christmas program.  It was very cute.  While waiting for it to start we sat in a huge room with bad lighting.  The kind of bad lighting that picks up on every hair on your face.  Tell looked at me and said, "Mom, you have a mustache, right there."  Great, thank you, son.  So, when we got home I went to the bathroom mirror with tweezers in hand.  Dallin came in and said, "What are you doing?"  Being irritated I said, "I am growing a mustache."  Dallin ran out of the bathroom and I could hear him yell to Tell in another room, "Tell, mom is growing a mustache!"  Tell responded in a know it all voice, "I know."  I rolled my eyes and dropped my head, while Steve laughed.

1 comment:

Thanks for leaving a comment!

Working Girl

Recently, I've been picking up work as a background extra on various projects. In the past month or so I've worked on 3 different m...

Keep Reading! Popular Posts from this Blog.