Friday, December 12, 2008

The Ups, the Downs, the Heres, the Theres

You'd think I'd learn by now. After approximately 22 years of mood swings and PMS, you'd think I'd know when that's the real problem, and not the rest of the world.
Except when sometimes it really is the rest of the world, and Mother Nature is just making it all twenty times worse.
I was thinking this was a crappy yucky week with lots of things happening that I can't control. But then today I looked at a calendar and realized, "oh no, it's just me." And why can't that be good enough??
Sorry to the 50% of the population that was just grossed out by those thoughts, but well, the other 50% can relate.
The summary of things I'm not sure if it was me or the world-

1. The realtor not calling me back in spite of my daily calls. Hello, have you seen this housing market? Can a realtor really afford to not return calls??

2. My paycheck has always been deposited on Thursday, in spite of the fact that payday is on Friday. My account is looking very empty. I know I am paranoid for many valid reasons on this issue, but I should be giving this new company the benefit of the doubt, right? Except for the part where I'm not feeling any doubts.

3. The Cute Blushing Boy was very cute and did lots of blushing this week. But it wasn't good enough. In fact, when given the big chance to make a move, he failed big time. Heidi thinks I need to give him the benefit of the doubt as well. And yet, I seem to have few doubts again.

4. Let it be known I am a social creature that requires a lot of activity to keep me entertained. The world, and my job, in general are failing me greatly on this major issue right now.

5. Like an idiot I dropped my purse on the floor of my car, spilling all contents today. I thought I put all of the contents back in my purse, but apparently missed a few key items, like my debit card. So when I was in a local store and suddenly had to write a check (for the first time since forever), I was a little blindsided. Is it just me or is it really stupid that a local merchant wouldn't take a check because even though the address on the check is local, the bank is local, and my phone number is local, my license is from out of state??

6. I nearly cried on the phone with Comcast today as we went over exactly what the absurd problem continues to be with my cable box. How hard is it to understand that every friggin day at 6 pm I suddenly lose all my local channels? And magically, every morning they are working again? And how I really don't think sending over a tech at 1 pm (although he was very cute and nice) was really going to solve the problem if he couldn't see it?

That's all I have to say about that right now.
Other than all of that, it hasn't been that bad of a week. But then again, it hasn't been that great either.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!

Working Girl

Recently, I've been picking up work as a background extra on various projects. In the past month or so I've worked on 3 different m...

Keep Reading! Popular Posts from this Blog.