Monday, April 05, 2010

Goodbye Seems to be the Hardest Word

I will just say it here. Goodbye. If for some reason I don't say goodbye to you in person this week, please understand it was completely intentional. I hate saying goodbye. It really just sucks. I hate doing it and don't want to do it again. Tonight was hard enough. I had to say goodbye to "Little," which has been pretty much the one thing I have dreaded above all others since losing my job back in December. Let it be known, there were a lot of tears. A LOT OF TEARS. And there still are. I've been crying all night. And I have no doubt she's crying at home right now too. There was a lovely family hug filled with tears with her, her mother, and sisters. (During which the littlest 5 year old sister asked, "Why are we crying?")
I just can't do it again. I know I will have to, but I just hate doing it. This is the first move I've ever had to make because I HAD to. All the other moves I've made in my life were because I wanted to. It was a big, fun thing that I chose to do. And somewhere in there, yes, I want to do this, and I am excited to do it. But I tried for all I was worth to NOT move this time. Before I was always running to something. This time I'm leaving a lot behind. It is really not the same.
So please understand, if I intentionally don't come say goodbye to you, it was because I just couldn't handle it. Can I beg forgiveness in advance??

4 comments:

  1. Oh sweetie. I've been there ... not the hard goodbyes but moving because I had to. Really stinks.
    I m so sad for those who have to see you go... I know they have been blessed just to know you.
    hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodbyes are never easy. I wish you all the best in your new adventure in life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't say Good bye... always use see you soon.... :)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!

Working Girl

Recently, I've been picking up work as a background extra on various projects. In the past month or so I've worked on 3 different m...

Keep Reading! Popular Posts from this Blog.