Tuesday, October 12, 2010

A writing fool!

This picture has nothing to do with this post. I just look forward to getting to post it every October.

I've said this on Facebook and Twitter already today, but I want to thank my blogger friends too. If you are annoyed by all the links to my writing projects, I apologize. I get paid for page views, so I do some self-promotion so that I can make more money! Make sense?
To those of you who ever so faithfully click on my links and read my articles, and even better SHARE my articles with others- THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! It really means a lot to me.
I'm on my way to making more money this month writing than I ever have before (which trust me, isn't all that much, but its more than it was!). I'd love it if someday I starting getting so much traffic to my writing projects that I didn't have to self-promote. It would also be a dream if someday I could just make money as a writer! But until that day comes, I must self-promote and hope for the interest and kindness of friends! (And the effectiveness of SEO!)

So without further ado (or is adieu? I can never decide!) here are the links I hope you will ever so kindly click on. Mama needs a new pair of shoes! (and by that, I mean, I could use the 2 pennies I make for every click!)
 In the order of what I think you might find most interesting first-

LDS Church response to the Human Rights Campaign petition
I'm pro-religion, pro-God, and pro-Gay
Facebook unveils new Groups feature - which potentially will change the way you use Facebook!
LDS Church official stance on same sex attraction (Pres Packer's revised words)
How to answer the forbidden question: why are you still single?
Can social media solve crimes? I say it can!
Mormons and Gays

Also, as you may know, I'm freelance contracting for Phase 3 Recruiting right now, helping other people find jobs! (While still searching for a job for me!) So if you know of someone looking for a job look here!

And last but not least, if anyone is interested in becoming a writer for the Examiner, let me know! I'd be happy to help you get set up and show you the ropes! You don't have to be an expert writer or journalist to do it. And it is a great way to get your first publishing credits that can lead to better writing jobs down the road! Talk to me!

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:05 PM

    Just a heads up - the phase 3 recruiting link "look here" took me to facekbook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It should go to a Facebook "note" that anyone can see. If it doesn't work for you for some reason, you can always look at phase3recruiting.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, "Writing fool"...that was nothing short of amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicely done! I liked your Meridian article--I tend to avoid people who pry, and I'm tired of talking about why my engagement didn't pan out into marriage. I'd rather sit at home, doing something creative or spending time with my family, than deal with dates who pry. I figure we're all broken in some way and, unless we were the abuser or something equally bad, we shouldn't cast stones.

    Also, it's "ado", as in "fuss or busy-ness". "Adieu" means "goodbye". "Without further goodbye" makes no sense. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!

Working Girl

Recently, I've been picking up work as a background extra on various projects. In the past month or so I've worked on 3 different m...

Keep Reading! Popular Posts from this Blog.