Thursday, November 04, 2010

It's a spy thing, you wouldn't understand!

And we're off!
Did anyone else just hear a starting gun go off?
No sooner did I get the nomination yesterday, then today I've already got critical paperwork coming my way for the Peace Corps. One item, it turns out, is more important than I had expected it to be. I'm hoping I get a phone call tomorrow telling me it really isn't a big deal after all. But when you see the words "to determine your legal eligibility" on something related to matters of (I kid you not) national security, suddenly things seem more important. Thankfully, it does sound like we'll be able to get a decision made on this issue really quickly. I'd hate to find out 5 months from now that I can't go. I'd rather get rejected sooner than later.

[REDACTED]
It's a spy thing, you wouldn't understand!

2 comments:

  1. I hope it works out for you, as you are an adult I'd hate for you to miss out on something so important to you due to the job of your family members who may or may not work for such intelligence jobs. Hope all works out as you wish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:57 AM

    Well, I hope you get it. But, it makes sense. They don't want to have family members of spies in the Peace Corps for the safety of the volunteers.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!

Working Girl

Recently, I've been picking up work as a background extra on various projects. In the past month or so I've worked on 3 different m...

Keep Reading! Popular Posts from this Blog.