Thursday, July 07, 2011

Up, up and away!


It all starts tomorrow.
I'm headed up to DC for a singles conference, that is coming at just the right time.
My social life in Roanoke is killing me. Or should I say the lack of a social life is killing me?
I am really looking forward to this weekend.
I'm really starting to realize now how singles in bigger cities with all of the nice amenities and services (like functioning singles programs, restaurants, and just other singles really) just don't know how great they have it, and why they don't take better advantage of things like conferences. (I really do get it- I used to be one of them.)
For me this is a big deal. It is my first time since February or March to get to hang out with other singles. You can't begin to imagine how excited I am to just be around other singles for a few hours, let alone two whole days.
It breaks my heart a little bit that 4 of the 6 friends in DC I contacted to see if they would be there all said no, they were going out of town. But I get it. This isn't a big deal for them. They get this sort of thing all the time.
But it is a life preserver for me!

After the singles conference I'll be coming home to hit the ground running. We've got-
Lake Day with the youth. (Water skis, boats, jet skis, and lots of fun shall be had!)
Vaccines for Cambodia.
Harry Potter time! (this requires watching all of the movies in rapid succession before going to the final premier)
Girls Camp for a week.
There will be less than 24 hours to recover from that before I take off for the highlight of the summer- LITTLE IS COMING!!
I can't wait! Kiddo is going to be here for 10 whole days! Just me and her! And I've got tons of crazies planned for us. (You can expect lots of pictures and stories I am sure!)
I put her back on the plane on Friday, I have secret plans for Saturday, sleep Sunday, and leave for Cambodia on Monday.
Crazy enough for you? No, don't worry. I've got more small things crammed in to the next 30 days as well.
Stay tuned for more.
In the meantime, I'm going to get some sleep tonight. It may be the last sleep I get for the next month!

3 comments:

  1. I'm not going because I'm not quite of age just yet. I'll be at the giant YSA luau though, so hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:42 PM

    I have known LDS singles who moved to even more remote areas and found people who they married. It has much less to do with your location and much more to do with the frame of mind. If you believe that you can't date nonmembers, you won't. If you believe you can't have sex before marriage, you probably won't. It is really your choice whether or not you want to hold onto long standing family traditions and beliefs or not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait, I need to catch up on your blog. You are going to Cambodia?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!

Working Girl

Recently, I've been picking up work as a background extra on various projects. In the past month or so I've worked on 3 different m...

Keep Reading! Popular Posts from this Blog.