Sunday, February 12, 2012

We do not suffer from ADD, we enjoy every minute of it


Just another reason why I love working with the teen girls at church.
(In this story I was not the teacher. Also, the teacher was Becky.)

The lesson was about choosing to be happy regardless of circumstance.

Teacher: Does eating too much dessert make you happy?
Girls (Varied answers about yes, but not later.)
Teacher: Not me! if you eat too much dessert you have to buy more fat pants, and fat pants are bad.
Oldest Girl: It's all about the sweat pants.
Teacher: I work at Roanoke College! I can't wear sweat pants!
Oldest Girl: So get some sweat pants that say Roanoke College across the butt!
Teacher: What about my butt?!
Oldest Girl: You have a great butt, Becky.
Me in my head: Oh my gosh, Becky, look at her butt.
Teacher: Thank you, but I don't like my butt.
Me in my head: It's so OUT THERE!

Class continues with more ADD tangents. We thrive on ADD tangents.

Teacher: What makes you happy?
Varied answers.
Youngest girl (mostly joking): Rainbows, unicorns, and sparkly things.
Me in my head: She must be one of those rap guys girlfriends!

We pause to look at a picture of a double rainbow on someone's phone.

Teacher: So in the words of the song, "don't worry, be happy!"
Youngest girl: Wha??
Middle girl: What does that mean?
Me in my head still: I like big butts and I cannot lie!
Teacher: It was a reggae song when we were your age.
Youngest girl: A what song?
Me singing out loud now: Don't worry, be happy now!
Middle girl: It's like an island song.
Youngest girl: I like Hawaiian flowers. They're pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!

Working Girl

Recently, I've been picking up work as a background extra on various projects. In the past month or so I've worked on 3 different m...

Keep Reading! Popular Posts from this Blog.