Monday, September 18, 2006

2 Types of Men and 2 Types of Analogies

There are 2 types of men in this world. The type that calls and the type that doesn't.
Why is it that a guy who asks for your number, you give him the big green light, and he has plenty of reasons to call, will never do it? But the guy that just "finds" your number and has very little to talk to you about, will call, in spite of your best efforts to dodge him?

Maybe the better analogy is a traffic light? There are guys who sit in traffic and will drive a distance to get to you, just to have their engine stall out at the green light across from your house. And then there are guys who drive over unannounced, run red lights to get there, and park in front of your house, in spite of the personalized "No Parking Zone" sign you put out just for them.

Guys, learn to read the signs, because eventually that green light is going to turn red. A girl can't sit in neutral and wait forever. She'll run out of gas before you know it.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:07 AM

    Know what you mean. I myself have made a new friend that I can't put in either of those categories, thankfully, but I'm not as brave or as able to post about them anonymously (them being anonymous, I mean), so I friends-locked the post. That's the frustration with so many different blogging engines. I wish I could friend a blogger!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:48 AM

    You know what? Forget that last. I posted it for all the world to see (all 8 of my readers). Nothing all that interesting there, except that I wanted to note that I've sunk to the point where even having an interesting conversation is noteworthy, romantic interest or not. I kind of like it, though, because it saves from the once-prevalent worry in my life that reflects what you're going through.

    Though I suppose with 3 weirdos not seeing the stop sign this last year, I've had my share of those, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:48 AM

    You know what? Forget that last. I posted it for all the world to see (all 8 of my readers). Nothing all that interesting there, except that I wanted to note that I've sunk to the point where even having an interesting conversation is noteworthy, romantic interest or not. I kind of like it, though, because it saves from the once-prevalent worry in my life that reflects what you're going through.

    Though I suppose with 3 weirdos not seeing the stop sign this last year, I've had my share of those, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I completely understand you there, Stacer. There are days when I realize that all I really want is an interesting conversation with someone with two or more brain cells to rub together. Why is it the older I get, the fewer people I meet that I consider intelligent?
    As for men, I'm teetering on the edge again. I have met several men (some interesting, some not) over the last several months. But who are we kidding? Nothing is ever going to happen with any of them for a variety of reasons. (Mostly timing, geography, and a lack of overall chemistry.) But it is hitting me big time that when this "supply" of men runs out, I won't even have a clue where to find new ones.
    It's sad to say, but I really don't expect much from guys anymore. I'm almost too easily pleased. I find myself consciously lowering my standards just so I can have companionship. I spend time around people I don't find that interesting or exciting, because I'm starting to believe that otherwise, I will never have any friends. And that just sucks. Whatever happened to sticking to your guns, having high values, and surrounding yourself with good quality people?
    And by people, I mean men. (My girlfriends are the best.)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!

Working Girl

Recently, I've been picking up work as a background extra on various projects. In the past month or so I've worked on 3 different m...

Keep Reading! Popular Posts from this Blog.