Saturday, January 13, 2007

Still in Florida

I have to admit this is starting to feel like the trip that just won't end. We seem to be recovering well from our bad juju, but... ugh. 9 days is one long business trip. The trade show is going well- business is booming, progress progresses, and the worker bees work. I am having a good time, but am thoroughly exhausted. I did get half a day off today (much needed!) and slept for 3 straight hours. I could use another 18 or so I think!

It gets peculiar spending this much time with co-workers. Remember that old saying, "what goes on the road, stays on the road?" I'm starting to notice more and more little behaviors pop up that wouldn't happen at home. Friendships and partnerships forged in the most unlikely pairs. Unexpected physical attractions (um, ok, hookups), and people who were previously friends just get sick and flat out tired of each other. Boredom and tempers are at an all-time high, and so is the need to have an itch scratched.


I'm not included in those numbers. I'm just the innocent bystanding people watcher, taking notes. It helps that I am also always the sober one. ;-)


A few pics from my hotel room for my sister, who informs me it is 2 degrees in her home of Murray, Utah today. And that after they got their car washed ice froze to the side of the car. Which makes me realize how much I really do love Florida.


(sidenote, while typing this blog from the joy and comfort of my screened in porch I have just had a conversation with a coworker standing down below. I am wearing my favorite pajamas and no bra. But I don't think he could tell that through the screen. I hope not. Either way, like I said, it's interesting being in a hotel with so many coworkers for so long.)


The view from my porch.
The view from the suite living room.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!

Working Girl

Recently, I've been picking up work as a background extra on various projects. In the past month or so I've worked on 3 different m...

Keep Reading! Popular Posts from this Blog.