Saturday, March 03, 2007

Some Single Thoughts

Some thoughts on being single.
I can't speak for everyone, and really, I can only barely speak for myself. As talkative and wordy as I am, I'm only so capable of explaining myself. But to me one of the difficult parts of being single is that you don't have someone to love. Some people mistakenly believe that the hard part is not having someone to love you. But for me it is the opposite. Being single means you lack having someone you can be happy for, support, love and care about. You have family and you can love them, but the older you get, the less a part of their lives you become. It is human nature to want to love another person. Being single means missing being needed. Again, it is human nature to want to be needed. And it is a very lonely feeling to not be needed. And even lonelier when you have so much love to give, and no one to give it to.

1 comment:

  1. you speak the truth!

    For me, it's not having someone to share things with.
    Funny things that happen throughout the day... you don't have anyone to tell at the end of the day.
    You win concert tickets from a radio station? Who cares?

    Even my Christmas reminded me of that... how special is the Nativity set that is so special to me... if I'm the only one that knows why it's special?

    as you said, it works the other way too... being the person that someone else wants to share all their goofy thoughts with.

    I may have found my match... we'll see how it goes. We're only 4 dates in but it looks good.

    Not saying that to trump you but to give you hope. If you wait for what you really really want - faith, kindness, and other attributes that are important to you... you'll get it spades eventually.
    Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!

Working Girl

Recently, I've been picking up work as a background extra on various projects. In the past month or so I've worked on 3 different m...

Keep Reading! Popular Posts from this Blog.