Wednesday, July 04, 2007

It's Independence Day

Happy Fourth, y'all.

It was a good Fourth. I went to the Provo Parade for the second year in a row, which was an odd realization. It was a good time with good company. Parades make me cry, for reasons I can't explain. It's an overt display of patriotism thing that makes me cry. It's the same crying gene that kicks in when cute little kids sing songs. I don't know why I do, I just do.

I also went to breakfast with the parade friends and to see Transformers with them. To be honest, I had NO desire to see that movie. Hated Transformers as a kid, and can't really say my feelings about them have changed. I was asked how I could hate Transformers as a kid, and the answer is quite simple. #1- My sister liked them. That was always a good enough reason to dislike them. And #2- they didn't have hair you could brush. Thus, I had little interest in them. I went today out of peer pressure. And, ok, I admit, the movie was good. However, I fell asleep during a portion of it, thanks to the three hours of sleep I had last night.

Last night we had a full fledged nerdfest Star Wars night at my house. Ali even came in full Princess Leia attire. (She so rocks!) There were probably 15 people there total and the last 3 didn't leave till 3:30 am. Craziness.

Lots of things going on these days. Including a business trip back to DC next week! And Harry Potter. And house hunting (for something to buy). And book writing. And just making friends in general.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!

Working Girl

Recently, I've been picking up work as a background extra on various projects. In the past month or so I've worked on 3 different m...

Keep Reading! Popular Posts from this Blog.