Sunday, September 30, 2007

San Francisco- the rest of the trip

On Wednesday morning I got up at 4:15 am to make a flight from Vegas to San Francisco. I was attending a large trade show at the Moscone Center. I knew I was in trouble before I even got to the Vegas airport. I was sick and my feet were killing me. But the show must go on, right?
It was a new experience for me, and just another one of those days I'll have to chalk up to the moving experience. I'm used to having a large booth, a big team, and pretty much being the show guru and expert. But not at this show. I was hardly needed, barely knew what to do with myself, and oh yeah, sick as a dog. It was a rough experience for me. And most definitely a learning experience. It wasn't good or bad. It is what it is. Right?
Unfortunately, I wasn't really able to see any of San Francisco. Timing didn't work out for any sight-seeing. I only saw the city from the window of the cab and the BART system. But what I saw and experienced made me fall in love easily with the city. I loved the colors, the texture, the culture, the diversity. It is definitely a place I could see myself living in at some point. I've also already started making plans to go back there on a vacation there some time in the next year. I liked it that much.
My trip was very short. I arrived at 8 am Wednesday and left at 8 pm Thursday. I flew back into Vegas sick and miserable. I spent the night at my sister's and drove myself back home on Friday. 6 hours of driving alone while dealing with a massive head cold is not fun. But I was determined to get home and go out with Guy Friend Cary on Friday night. More on that experience later.
Until then, it is time for me to go take yet another nap and try and sleep off this cold. Ugh!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous6:07 PM

    I love San Fran!

    Like you, the first time I went there was for work so I didn't get to see much.

    I went in July - thinking... "Hmmm, this midwesterner is going to California in July, guess I'll pack summer clothes." WRONG! I bought a sweater every day I was there. Later learned that July is San Fran's winter.

    I went again the following year in September. Very nice. But it was foggy in the city so my friend took me out of the haze and out to Sonoma and Mill City? Mill stone? hmmm... it was very nice.

    Going again in December for that friend's wedding. Can't wait! I'll be bringing the boyfriend and we expect to have a great time.

    Do go again. The city is fabulous! Really a fun and beautiful city!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!

Working Girl

Recently, I've been picking up work as a background extra on various projects. In the past month or so I've worked on 3 different m...

Keep Reading! Popular Posts from this Blog.