Friday, March 27, 2009

A "Little" Moment

Another real life moment with me and the Little.

Today we took the cats out for a walk. (Easier said than done.) We headed in what appeared to be a logical direction (the park). After we get a few houses down the street Little stopped and looked around. The following ensued.

Little: Wait, where does Cute Neighbor Boy live?

Me (pointing): That way.

Little (turning and starting in that direction): Then we need to walk that way.

Me: Why??

Little: So we can do the "laugh and pass."

Me (fearing that I do know full well what this will be): And what exactly is the laugh and pass?

Little (giving me the "do i have to teach you EVERYTHING" look): You know, when you walk past a boy and ignore him, and laugh with your girlfriends."

And suddenly, I feel really sorry for boys. I'm not saying girls don't do that. I'm not saying I haven't done that. I'm just saying I had no idea that 11 year olds knew how to do it, and even have a name for it. But then, I fear for the day that she learns about the "Bend and Snap." (and wow, if you only knew how much I identify with Paulette in this clip)

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE that movie. That scene was great. Another great scene was the scene in stepmom, when Julia Roberts & the girl have an older boy come and pose as her boyfriend. It's pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay I want to hear about herding cats. I mean walking cats. Did you use a leash - or just herd?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's hilarious that you walk your cats! I also think it's funny that you seem to be learning a bunch from your "little". I've totally found that to be the case with mine as well. He teaches me more about myself when we hang out than I could ever even hope to instill in him. What a fantastic program. Thanks for the awesome blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!

Working Girl

Recently, I've been picking up work as a background extra on various projects. In the past month or so I've worked on 3 different m...

Keep Reading! Popular Posts from this Blog.