Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Lunchables- Nicole H.

I apologize for the delay in Lunchables. The last few weeks have been crazy, and I haven't been free to go out and lunch with as many fascinating people as I would like to! But I'm sure you'll find this week's person just as much fun and interesting as I did!

Nicole H.



Current location: Salt Lake Valley
Hometown: Kemmerer, WY
Lunchables location: We actually had appetizers and dinner at Thaifoon.

This week I decided to do things a little differently. I can't let my interviewees expect to know what will happen! So this time I just had fun chatting with her, and then sent her an email and let her answer her own questions.

How I know her-
I met Nicole several years ago on LDS Linkup (a social networking site for LDS). Her screen name was BeatlesDiva, which was the first thing that caught my eye. I love the Beatles, how could that not catch my eye? Next, we always seemed to get involved in similar discussions online. And she didn't mind having a good argument. So an online friendship was struck up. After moving to Utah, I eventually met her at a social event somewhere. I've liked her ever since.

Some fun facts about Nicole-
She writes a pretty interesting blog, the Rants and Musings of Beatles Diva the Geek Girl
She also does some fun "vlogging" on YouTube (Which is video blogging for you n00bs.)
She's called the Beatles Diva because she's a huge Beatles trivia buff! And has won Beatles trivia contests!
At any given time she is working multiple jobs at crazy hours. For the moment however she is taking it easy and only working at the post office.
She loves to travel and goes on huge trips. For instance, spending a month in England this year. And has been to New Zealand and Australia this year as well!
Her beloved dog died not long ago and she's recently adopted two cute little puppies.

Now on to the "interview!"

Describe your perfect guy?
I’ve dated some many different types of men, I think I’m starting to “settle”, hence such the short list.
1. Must have a job, a vehicle and some sense of decision making. I’m sick of being the man in the relationships.
2. Must have minimal psychological disorders. I’ll take a guy who’s on one form of mental medication, but anymore than that, I don’t think I could honestly handle.
3. Has a nice smile. I have a thing for good oral hygiene.
4. I like a guy with a bit of competitive behavior in him. I love a challenge…most of the time.
5. Must love dogs. Yes…it’s cheesy but if he ever wants to fit in with me and my family, being a fan of dogs is a necessity.


Have you ever met a guy that was close to being your perfect guy?

I thought I did, but he turned out to be a con-artist.
I wish I was joking about this, but I’m not. This is the reason for #2 on my check-off list.


On a Friday night who would you rather spend your evening with- your cute little puppies or the last guy that asked you out?
The puppies. Give me a year and my answer may change, but for now I’ll take the puppy dog eyes to one set of bedroom eyes ;-)

You are an avid movie fan. Which movie character would you most like to go on a date with and why?

Oh man, that’s a tough one, but I’ll go with Johnny Depp’s character Sam from Benny & Joon. Sam always knew how to make light of every situation. With his crazy tricks and gimmicks, it would hard to stay sad or upset for long with him around. Plus, he did everything he could to keep the love of his life in his life, including breaking into the mental ward to see her. Now that’s love!


You are an incredible make up artist. Have you ever considered making a career out of it? (no, seriously, she's amazing. and i don't mean she puts on blue eye shadow perfectly. although, she probably could. she does amazing character make up! check out her rotten corpse halloween transformation here.)

I would love to, but I can’t afford to pack up and move to one of the schools that offer that as a study just yet. One day though, I hope to make that a dream come true.
Erin here- seriously! You are amazing. You can't waste that talent!


You are also a big reader. What book character do you most identify with and why?
The first one that comes to mind is Goldy Bear from the Culinary Mysteries by Diane Mott Davidson. She loves her family and loves to cook. Plus, she has a hard time keeping a good man around, but as long as she has a good mystery to keep her busy she moves on. I like to think of myself as determined and creative as she is.

In 5 words describe yourself!
Crazy, fun and yet responsible.

You aren't called the BeatlesDiva for nothing. You are well-known for your Beatles knowledge. What are your three favorite Beatles songs and why?
1. Tomorrow Never Knows – it’s just off the wall, with a crazy mixture of tunes and vibes. It always gets me out of a bad mood.
2. Little Child – This was the first Beatles song I remember hearing and led me into my addiction.
3. In My Life – Every time I hear this song, I just think of all the good times of being a kid and growing up…the good ol’ days!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks again for the fun night out! It was so good to play catch up!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!

Working Girl

Recently, I've been picking up work as a background extra on various projects. In the past month or so I've worked on 3 different m...

Keep Reading! Popular Posts from this Blog.