Monday, July 03, 2006

Stupidest thing I have ever heard

First- much love to Steph for taking me to the airport at a very ungodly hour this morning! You're the best!

Now- for the stupidest thing I have ever heard.

I am blogging from gate A22 in the Phoenix airport. Why? Because I have a laptop with a sat card and a 4 hour layover. Last week I bought this ticket to SLC with my frequent flyer miles. It was the only seat available on my flight(s). It was a crappy ticket with a four hour layover, but it was free and, in theory, the only seat left on my flight(s), right?
Yeah, right.
Much to my surprise this morning my flight to Phoenix this morning was first of all half full, and second, connecting on to SLC. I have a 4 hour layover, but I am on a flight already bound for my final destination? Good grief. So when I arrived in PHX I went to the gate and asked to go standby on the continuing flight, or in other words, stay on the plane I was already on. They said the flight was nearly empty and that wouldn't be a problem but that I needed to rush to customer service and have them stop my luggage from being taken off. I run over there. Ten minute wait... Finally I get helped. If you can call an agent looking me in the eye and telling me she can't help a "frequent flyer." I looked her back in the eye and said, "Let me get this straight. I'm a regular customer of this airline with thousands of miles logged on here, and you won't help me?" She agreed and explained I had to use the website to change my ticket, she can't help me. by this time the connecting flight had taken off, so I attempted to argue with her. The bottom line didn't change. The customer service desk cannot and would not help a regular customer of their airline.
So with my lovely laptop and sat card I sat right down in the lobby of their red carpet lounge and wrote them a letter explaining why this is the last time I will ever use US Airways.
Seriously- stupidest thing I have ever heard.

1 comment:

  1. Update-
    When I arrived in SLC, I was very unhappy to discover that my luggage did not make my flight. I had to wait for 45 minutes for them to declare that my luggage was not on that flight. So off again I went to customer service, fully expecting to be told they couldn't help me. But instead the agentlooked at my name and said, "Oh, your luggage arrived on the early flight- 4 hours ago. We wondered where you went!"
    Oh. My. Gosh.
    Must kill that airline.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!

Working Girl

Recently, I've been picking up work as a background extra on various projects. In the past month or so I've worked on 3 different m...

Keep Reading! Popular Posts from this Blog.