Friday, May 21, 2010

Ear Candling



I have had an ear ache for a month now. I've tried the usual painkillers (Tylenol/Advil/whatever), and I've tried decongestants. Nothing has made a dent in this ear ache. And I swear it sounds like a rock is rattling around inside my ear.
So tonight I spent $3 at Ozarks Natural Foods (kind of like the Whole Foods of AR) on ear candles. It was cheaper than paying out of pocket to go to a real doctor, right?
Does it work? Does it cure all manner of sinus/ear/balance/TMJ/hearing problems? No, I really don't think so. Was there all manner of nastiness in the candle when I was done? Oh yeah. Does my ear still hurt? No, it just feels different. Would I recommend doing it solo like I did and trying to take a picture at the same time? Really big no!

3 comments:

  1. My mother's family LOVES the ear candles. Family reunions consist of a bulk bag of them, and contests among the younger set of who has the most gunk in theirs! I always feel some sort of relief afterwards, but it's not for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:44 PM

    ear candeling has been debunked several times as bunk. the stuff in the candle is just the candle.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!

Working Girl

Recently, I've been picking up work as a background extra on various projects. In the past month or so I've worked on 3 different m...

Keep Reading! Popular Posts from this Blog.