Thursday, February 02, 2012

I AM HAPPY!


I woke up in a good mood today. I found myself smiling excessively. I was downright jolly at times.
And I couldn't figure out why I was so dang happy. Had I gotten paid? Flirted with a boy? Been given a compliment? Anything? I really couldn't remember what was making me so dang glad to be alive.
And then I realized what it was.
I am working. I have purpose. I have income. I'm needed every day to contribute to something. I have importance. I matter. I am someone. 
I am happy!
This is why the point of welfare needs to be to get people OFF of welfare! This is why we need less handouts, and more work opportunities. People need more than just food on their plates (but yes, they need assistance in the meantime to put food on their plates), they need self worth and independence. They need to earn and provide for themselves- so they can walk around and feel like they matter and so they can be happy!

3 comments:

  1. That just might be the best and most succinct statement regarding a positive and purposeful perspective on welfare that I have read in my 40 year career as a professional, graduate trained and nationally certified social worker.
    It certainly helped me get my focus this morning.
    May I have your permission to "lift and sift" it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!

Working Girl

Recently, I've been picking up work as a background extra on various projects. In the past month or so I've worked on 3 different m...

Keep Reading! Popular Posts from this Blog.